I thought I would write a list of all the things in my changing bag, probably the same all over the world. The kitchen sink doesn’t make this list but it might as well, I seem to keep EVERYTHING in my changing bag. No wonder it is so heavy.
1. Nappies – obviously, I usually carry 6 or more nappies, even if I am just popping out, I am not sure why I think it’s probably impossible for Boo to require that many nappies for a 20 minute trip to the shops but you never know!
2. Wipes – Good for wiping bums, mouths, hands, changing mats, clothes, car seats that have been thrown up on.
3. Padded Changing Mat – this came with my changing bag, and I love it, it’s so handy to have, especially as sometimes the changing mats in toilets etc can be a bit grotty.
4. Sudocrem Care and Protect – not much to be said about bum cream!
5. Wet Zip Bag – ingenious, I am so glad this came with my changing bag it has saved my butt so many times.
6. Vital Baby Aquaint Sanitising Water – very handy I use this at home and have a travel size bottle for my changing bag
7. My purse – sadly my changing bag has become my handbag, I feel like enough of a bag lady without adding another bag, the only things from the my handbag that have made the cut to my changing bag are my purse and my phone.
8. My phone – see point 7.
9. Two changes of clothes for Boo – Accidents happen, and then before you have blinked twice another accident has happened!
10. 2 or 3 pairs of socks, Boo is a master at losing socks or deliberately throwing them away!
11. Boo’s Red Book – not sure why this doesn’t seem to leave my bag, but I would probably forget it every time I needed it if I didn’t leave it in there.
12. Nappy Bags
14. Sippy Cup of Water
15. Snacks for Boo – usually fruit
16. Various toys to keep Boo happy, usually Sophie the giraffe plus a couple of others.
Ok so I can’t believe I have so much stuff in my changing back, there is really no wonder that it is so heavy!
I am not quite sure what’s happened to the quality of this photo but this is what I discovered hiding behind the back of the chair in our living room… the chair is there to ‘hide’ the books guess it’s a case of Boo – 1 :Mummy – 0.
This was a present from my brother and his wife when Boo was born. It’s really funny and gives you a good laugh in those hazy newborn days of no sleep and endless nappy changes. The book is obviously not meant to be taken seriously but it is seriously funny. The simple diagrams give you a plain how to and how not to guide to dealing with a newborn, covering everything from feeding, lifting and changing your little bundle of joy!
The book includes ‘The Wheel of Responsibility which claims to keep parents ‘fair, honest and un-divorced’ I don’t know about that because I totally believe the wheel is weighted and lands on Mom far more often than Dad!! Because the book is cardboard as Boo has got older we have started letting her play with it, supervised of course and she loves to spin the wheel, and she wins every time!
A few of my favourite pages are;
Just in case you needed any guidance! Breastfeeding can be tricky!
Oh cot TV’s what an amazing idea! If only!
Don’t pick baby’s nose! Who would have guessed!
Can you imagine! Yukyukyuk!! This one make me spit my tea out the first time I saw it!
Just in case anyone was wondering!
Definitely vital advice which should be followed at all costs!
I think this book is great and so very funny, and I think it’s a great idea for a present for any friends/relatives who are soon to be first time parents, my husband and I have a laugh reading it as did everyone we showed it to.