I feel like I am insane for even writing this post but I need to sort out some things in my own mind and writing them down may help me to sort them out. Hyperemesis Gravidarum was, without a doubt the worst experience I have ever been through, so why on earth would I consider going through it again?
I have, this last week or so, for some reason started wondering what Boo is going to miss out on by not having siblings in a typical sense. I have also read several blog posts which feature the amazing bond between siblings and it has really struck a nerve with me. She does have two half brothers but they live in another country and for reasons beyond our control which I do not really want to go in to Boo will not, in all likelihood, have much of a ‘sibling’ relationship with them.
I feel like there is a whole list of questions I need to answer;
1. Am I insane for even considering a second pregnancy which could mean I suffer with HG again? A Hyperemesis Gravidarum second pregnancy – I am not sure I can even wrap my head around it.
2. If I do suffer with HG do I try to take medication preemptively to try to make the symptoms managable?
3. What about the about the consequences of 2. if I do take the medication? And not just consequences but guilt
4. If I chose not to take the medication how will I cope with looking after Boo and myself while suffering with this?
5. What is Boo missing out on by not having a sibling? And is this ‘worth’ suffering HG again.
6. Will Boo not be missing out on anything because she will not know any difference?
7. Will I be able to cope with 2 babies?
8. If we do decide to go ahead then when is the ‘right’ time? When Boo is more independent/older or when Boo is too young to be able to remember?
9. No, really, am I insane for even considering a second HG pregnancy?
10. I feel insane (I know that’s not a question)
I know there are probably a lot more questions and things to think about, but this seems like an overwhelming list as it is!
What I need to do, I think, is chat to some other ladies who have had 2 or more HG pregnancies and get their thoughts on it.